You’ve finished your college applications and sent them in, so now there’s nothing to do but wait, right? Not so fast! Here are five things you should do while you’re waiting to hear back from colleges.
• Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Fill out the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1. This way you won’t miss out on any available financial aid.
• Follow up on your applications. Make sure that the colleges you applied to have received all your information, including test scores and letters of recommendation.
• Send in your grades. Ask your high school counselor to send your latest test scores and transcripts to the colleges that you applied to.
• Apply for scholarships. This may take some of the financial pressure off when you get your acceptance letters.
• Connect with college students. Chat online with students at the schools you’re interested in, or connect with current students through Facebook. It’s a great way to get a better sense of the campus culture. This way, you’ll know even more about each school when you hear back on your applications.